Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Snow and cleaning.

We're preparing to move. The first step of that, though, is preparing the house to be shown off, which could happen any time after I give 30 days' notice to the landlady.

The house is not ready to be shown off anywhere, except maybe an episode of C.O.P.S., so Draya and I are cleaning hard. We cleaned our bedroom last night, and today's the kitchen and maybe bathroom. Tomorrow's the living room. Sometime this weekend, the downstairs needs cleaning badly, and our roomie will have to either do it or get us to.

It snowed yesterday and last night, so we played some Christmas music as we cleaned. Loreena McKennitt's "A Midwinter Night's Dream" is a pretty spectacular Christmas album, and everyone should own it.

And with the snow comes perpetually wet shoes, which annoy me like little else. So I'm currently airing out both socks and shoes under my desk; I've got my office fan blowing on full power with the socks draped across it. Laugh all you like, but my shit's gonna be dry.

A bunch of important shit is coming due this week. I need to pick spring classes, first and foremost. Then I've gotta come up with a draft for my personal educational philosophy, and I've got to write a book review for my history class. I already did an assignment on experimental research for my intro to grad study class. I've gotta finalize my loan shit this week. And I chose this, of all weeks, to prepare to move.

Bleh.

2 comments: