Monday, September 30, 2013

Looking for a new blog background, and-oh shiny!

I'm searching through my pics, and then I found this:

ALL HAIL.

There's a great story here. I had just left Portland in the summer of 2011, heading across country to move back to Nebraska. After a night in Fort Collins, I got picked up by my friend Nate. We went with his brother Kiki and Kiki's then-girlfriend (now-wife) and the guy Kiki took care of for a living to a rennfaire, and figured since it was in the ass end of nowhere that we'd just camp somewhere.

We couldn't find the national park that was nearby. We drove for hours in the backwoods of Colorado trying, and failing, to find it. All we could find was a commercial campground with licensed characters as mascots... and eventually, we weren't too proud to take it.

Kiki went to find someone to give our money to, but it was a fruitless effort. Nate and I were beyond tired, and we saw that idol-sized Yogi Bear, and we immediately started praying in its direction. Yogi is God. God is Yogi. It is the word of God.

With some kinda Girl Scout jamboree going on in the distant background, we found an isolated campsite and began knocking back liquor. I don't remember what we had, but I do remember it wasn't enough for that night.

All hail Yogi.

OBEY.

ALL HAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment